21 Reasons Your Content Should Be Great After FlBlogCon
William Jackson #MyQuestToTeach
FlBlogCon Education Speaker 2014
Being great on Social Media is not a thing of chance,
it is the ability to be comfortable in your digital
life as a content creator, digital innovator, thought
leader, graphic artist, or even a web developer.
It means that it is ok to have fun on the web and to
integrate yourself into your product even on a digital
level. Too many people lose the excitement of creating
content that will be read, viewed, studied, listened to
and watched. Your audience changes as access and
platforms change, so why not be flexible and adaptable
Providing something that brings people to you so you can
teach, preach, inspire, encourage, and engage. It takes
work to create great content, so the value comes in the
quality not the quantity of your content. In my over
10 years as a blogger I try to meet the needs of my
readers not just my need to write.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is not just the ticket
to get exposure and followers. To get more views or likes,
WOM or Word of Mouth is still important and should always
be a viable strategy to build your Brand. Search Engine
Optimization is computer-based, technology cannot always
build relationships. Building relationships is the key
to building and developing a consistent following.
There is a great deal of work, blood, sweat and I’m sure even
tears that go into making this conference one of the best
conferences and experiences a person can have. The energy is
phenomenal and the access to talented, creative and innovative
people is not by chance. Bess Auer and her team have strategically
planned, mapped and coordinated this conference to meet the needs
of about 500 if not more attendees. The speakers are not just
nationally known they are internationally known and respected.
Attending FlBlogCon is not just a moment of a day, it is a
movement of technological empowerment, engagement, and
collaboration that will inspire, excite, motivate and help embrace
digital tools that are current and futuristic. There will be many
opportunities to learn how to apply and integrate immediately
the use of tools, platforms, ideas, and concepts that build
digital innovation in multiple ways from business, education,
the arts, science and even in the areas of STEAM and STREAM.
As a FlBlogCon attendant since 2013 here are my
“21 Reasons Your Content Should Be Great after Attending FlBlogCon.”
1. FlBlogCon allows you to attract diverse readers and viewers.
Embracing diversity is a plus because people connect with
what they relate to, fills their needs and is relevant.
2. Most viewers will be women because women are the fastest
growing demographic building online businesses.
This means women of all colors, cultures, ages and generational
backgrounds are potential thought and digital leaders.
3. If you want a broad spectrum of followers visual
appeal is very important. Make sure you integrate dynamic colors,
coordination, and attractiveness.
4. International markets look to promote content that makes a
connection. FlBlogCon has international appeal and influence
in national and international views.
5.If you’re looking to monetize your content expand your Brand
to new markets that provide unique services.
6. One person cannot do it all so be ready to hire people with
7. Use video, Instagram, and Twitter to share and expand your reach.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with photos, video and text content.
8. Submit to speak at FlBlogCon and attend Meetups, workshops,
seminars and other venues. WordCamps, Bar Camps, EdCamps (for educators)
and other tech conferences allow for dynamic networking.
9. Always have business cards available, make sure there is a
current photo of yourself and have your “elevator pitch” ready.
10. Hire a graphic artist to create your logo. People are visual
use that to your advantage. Don’t be cheap on magnifying your image.
11. Be a sponsor and promoter of FlBlogCon. Share the conference on
your Social Media platforms and use your tools to show what you are
learning and importantly how to apply that knowledge.
12. Join the Chamber of Commerce, Better Business Bureau,
get out and get involved in the community you serve.
13. Be a speaker on talk shows, Podcasts to share your knowledge.
Give back to the same community you market to, don’t always take.
14. Start your own Podcast with guests.
15. See where you can help your church or ministry with their
connectivity and content.
16. Take a Social Media class yourself and build your knowledge.
17. Offer Social Media classes with certificates when completed.
18. Keep your profiles current, relevant, and diverse. Who are you
associated with, who are you photographed with and who is in a
business that can help you grow.
19. Encourage, inspire, and meet new people.
20. Embrace diversity in your company and your associations.
21. Network – Network – Network
William Jackson Resources about FlBlogCon
William Jackson Speaking at
Blogs by Wm Jackson about FlBlogCon
FlBlogCon EDU Conference Guide
Want To Be A Cool Blogger, Then Attend FlBlogCon
EWC and DCPS Students Attend FlBlogCon in Orlando, Florida
HBCU Students Attend Florida Blogging Conference To Learn About Career Growth