Recorded on February 10, 2019
Brent Coley began his career in education in 1996, teaching grades four and five for 15 years before transitioning into administration. He is currently the proud principal of Alta Murrieta Elementary School in Murrieta, California.
Passionate about educational technology, Brent is always looking for new ways tech can engage students and families while increasing student achievement. His award-winning classroom website, mrcoley.com, promoted 24/7 learning with math review videos and iPod flash cards, and his students shared their learning with the world through their daily blog and classroom podcast. In his leadership role, Brent strives to support teachers as they pursue excellence by integrating technology and taking risks in their classrooms.
A firm believer in the power of collaboration, Brent shares what he learns through Twitter (@brentcoley), his website at BrentColey.com, and at educational technology conferences. He is also the creator of “Teaching Tales,” a podcast that gives educators a platform to share their stories and experiences.
When not working, Brent loves spending time with his wife and two teenage children, reading, and playing golf.
Also check out:
- Journey to the Y in You by Dene Gainey
- The Teacher’s Journey by Brian Costello
- The Fire Within by Mandy Froehlich
- EduMagic by Sam Fecich
- DivergentEDU by Mandy Froehlich
- Daddy’s Favorites by Elissa Frazier
- Level Up Leadership by Brian Kulak
- DigCitKids by Marialice Curran & Curran Dee
- Stories of EduInfluence by Brent Coley
- The Edupreneur by Dr. Will
Music: Ron Madison (@Madison_Ron)
Join the movement: www.edumatch.org